Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Milton House.

On last Friday, the Intensive English students went to the Milton's House. In the house, we could be able to learn about how Milton protect and help the slaves, how the things happen in that time of history and some old engineering for example the old washer machine. We could see closer how hard it to a slave to run away and for who supports it. This house also worked as an hotel and nowadays works as a museum. It has two kitchens because of Wisconsin's climate. There's a kitchen inside used in winter and outside used in summer. 
I felt really happy there because is so good to know people who likes helping. I found out a lot of information and knowledge about the slavery in United States. The most difference between Brazil and United Sates is that in U.S. they always have to thing about the constructions and winter difficulties. In Brazil we have lots of windows and just one kitchen.  

3 comments:

  1. I am happy you could see a piece of American history on slavery that was helpful and good. As, the Milton House was. Lucas, it is great that you are making note of the differences and similarities between the two countries. I learned this quote when I was studying for a year in Floripa, Brasil and I like to remind myself of it whenever I am in a new situation:
    Nada é melhor, nada é pior só as coisas diferentes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that sentence! It helps to accept the unacceptable in a way that I can not even explain! (At least it happens with me)

      Delete
  2. The slavery in Brazil was similar. Unfortunately this is a part of the history of both countries.

    ReplyDelete