Sunday, July 20, 2014

Communication history

            Our topic is communication history. The chronological order is mail, Morse code, telegragh, fax, telephone, cell phone, text message, email and online chat.

            First, Lucas and me decided to choose 3 different sources, books, Internet, and reference books. (Books and Internet were easier. We did not have more time to look for reference books). Next, we find the answer from Internet, some authoritative websites. Then we got a book to prove that. At last, we also found, when people drive, leave phones away. Using phones when you drive is illegal. So do not do that, or you may in trouble.

2 comments:

  1. If I have to wait 10 days (or more) to receive a letter, I would be so impatient! The instantaneous messenger or online chat is just awesome!
    I always wonder things like "If I lived in that time, what would I do?". If the time is letter time, I would be probably eating all my nails because I am not patient. In the war time, I really admire those women who waited more than 6 months for just a letter: I would probably forget that I am waiting for something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was on an exchange in Germany during my high school days (back when dinosaurs were roaming the earth), I used to send airmail letters. These were very light-weight sheets of paper that had glue around the edges to make their own envelopes. The idea was to make the letter as light as possible. It took about two weeks for the letter to cross the Atlantic.

    Now, if I send a letter, it is usually in the form of a birthday card or a thank-you note. It is hard for me to remember the last time that I wrote a "real" letter! But when I was younger, before e-mail, texting, etc. That's what we did.

    Susan HL

    ReplyDelete