Sunday, July 13, 2014

Farming Weekend



This last weekend was so farming! First, at the Friday, we had been in Michael Fields Agricultural Institute, in East Troy, WI. There we learned some things about vegetables and fruits plantations. I also tried raspberry for my first time of my life! And direct from the plant oO I enjoyed so much that little fruit that I bought a raspberry cookie on the farmer’s market, after we left the Institute.


Oh, and there they have an open market open 24/7. They sell organic products from the farmer itself. And the coolest thing about that is there are no workers there. The customers just pick the products and left the money in a box. Awesome!



At the Saturday, we were at Jefferson County Fair Park. I saw a bunch of animals like horses, cows, rabbit and goat. However, what I most liked there was a little animals racing. It was so funny and cute!


3 comments:

  1. It was different eating the vegetables direct from the plant ahuuauhau For the first time in my life I eat raspberry too. But the thing you said that I like it more was the animal racing! Oh God, the ducks racing was so funny! haahuahuha The way they run is really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vegetables directly from the plant are really good, but the organic are even more!!!
    I even bought some strawberries to eat later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that you all enjoyed the weekend. Seeing these aspects of agriculture was just a glimpse into the culture of Wisconsin. As you learned in SI the other day, agriculture IS Wisconsin- the people, the economy, the products, the meals, everything revolves around agriculture. It was very nice of Sandy to allow you all to pick fruit and eat it- perhaps we can write her a thank-you card this week.

    ReplyDelete