Sunday, July 27, 2014

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

"Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" the three words are printed on the T-shirt, which the staffs worked for Goodwill worn. I think the three words mean use things efficiently. We can keep our planet green. The staffs worked hard and happily. In fact, Goodwill is a happy company, I think. Money is not the purpose, helping is. People donate to Goodwill, and get a receipt to exchange equal value tax. Goodwill receives donations and sells to more people who need them with a cheap price. During this progress, Goodwill provides a lot of jobs to people, especially someones who are dislocated workers, or have disabilities or disadvantages find meaningful employment.
After visiting, we had a shopping time, it was a pity that I could not find something I need, but I find my challenge stuffs easily.


7 comments:

  1. Lue,
    It is a lot of fun to shop at Goodwill, and there are many Goodwill stores in Wisconsin. If you do not find something that you want or need on your first trip, you can always try another time! The inventory is always changing. Many people enjoy going just to hunt for a bargain! Happy hunting!
    Susan HL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Professor Susan. I will try when I go there next time.

      Delete
  2. Lu, I also found a really nice short but it was too small! I guess I should stop eating too much fast food hahahahah
    Your picture is so funny! Really like it!
    I really appreciated you wanting to work with them! So nice!
    Goodwill has an amazing mission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucas. In China, we have an idiom, 助人为乐,means helping can make people happy, I think so.

      Delete
    2. Lu, what a wonderful idiom! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  3. It is really interesting the Goodwill concern about sustainability. I never imagine that they think about it. We have to think about the future and with sustainability we can protect the future. The nature demands it and Goodwill are doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete