Sunday, July 13, 2014

My weekend

This weekend I went to a fair that reminded me about the state I live in Brazil, Minas Gerais.

On Friday, we went to Michael field Agricultural Institute and I learnt a lot of things. The first one is that, this year, they are celebrating 30 years! This institute is the first one in training farmers. They also support beginning farmers and all of their products are organic. They are investing in researches and they really care about the environment. For the first time I saw a hazel plant. So nice!

On Saturday, as I said, we went to a fair that was not so good - because I don't like watching animals- but I ate the best pizza ever! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't really like watching animals either, but it was fun to watch the ducks run!
    Also, now i know that you are really scared of snakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas, you gathered some valuable information from the Michael Fields Institute; I'm glad you pointed out that they help to train beginning farmers and support research for more productive, healthier, organic farms. In a world where the population is growing each year, we must also find a healthy, productive way to provide enough food for all of them. The work they do "behind the scenes" at Michael Field's is helping to do that! I'm also glad you were able to see some new things!

    ReplyDelete