Friday, July 25, 2014

I can't get more food !!!



Since I arrived here in the Whitewater, I’m always worried about the food I eat. I had gain weight, I’m sure about it. I can feel it.


Besides there are many similar points food here and in Brazil, there are many differences too. There we have McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Subway and other fast food franchises as well. But here in U.S., there are countless options on the menu. So many choices. And almost everything is very cheap. In addition, the worst (best?) part: free refill. We don’t have it in Brazilian restaurants. At first, I felt obligated to get at least one cup more of soda. Then I stopped. After that, I discovered that raspberry iced tea are amazing! So delicious! I hope its healthier than soda, because I’m having so much of it.

 Other interesting part is the grocery store. Some food brands like Pringles and Häagen-Dazs are very expensive and fancy in Brazil. But here, its ridiculously cheap. It’s really tempting to buy.




 Well, it will be a challenge stay healthy during the next year here in Whitewater.

1 comment:

  1. Lucas, this is a challenge many first-year students face. Unfortunately, there is a phrase on U.S. university campuses- "the freshman fifteen (or twenty)", which means that generally for first year students, freshmen, they can be expected to gain 15-20 pounds during the first year of college. Much of it due to eating some of the things in the pictures above!

    On a related note, the iced tea, if it is the kind that comes from the soda machine, is not much healthier than soda- there is still a lot of sugar in it. The healthier option would be unsweetened iced tea (no sugar), which many of the restaurants have (you may have to ask for it), and it still tastes delicious!

    ReplyDelete