Sunday, August 10, 2014

Chicago tour

Yesterday, we went to Chicago, Illinois. We drove to Harvard first, a small town in Illinois. We took a train there to Chicago. That was the first time I took a train in the U.S. We arrived there around 10:30. The Millennium Park was our first stop. The Cloud Gate is so attractive. It looked like a big bean, and it also looked like a funny mirror. After lunch, we walked to the Navy Pier. There were so many people there. I saw that there. It is surprised.
After the Navy pier, we took a trolley to the Michigan Avenue for our free time. Shopping is a tired thing, but after that, the important thing was coming. Yes, I mean food. We had delicious pizzas for dinner, it is pretty good. It is a pity that I could not go to United Center to see the statue of Michael Jordan. 

In fact, I do not really like Chicago. It is so cold. So many tall buildings prevent the sunshine. The people who live in Chicago look like so angry when they are driving, and they are all racers. It is so dangerous. 

4 comments:

  1. Now I know what you talk about the angry drivers! huahuauh Yes, I agree with you Lu, the Chicago drivers are always angry! They sound the horn every time and they don't respect the lights, they stop on the pedestrian line, etc, unfortunately this kind of thing happens in every big town :/ Only the in the small cities you don't see this things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Madison is better. It is a beautiful and academic city. It has many good restaurants as well. I like it. I also like Whitewater, comfortable and safe.

      Delete
  2. I don't know in China, but I believe that it's a characteristic of the big cities. In Sao Paulo is almost the same as Chicago: Big buildings, angry people, angry/dangerous drivers. I'm really enjoying the peace of Whitewater, comparing to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to get several perspectives of both small and large cities- I'm glad you guys have been able to do so! Having multiple perspectives allows us to appreciate where we are and what we are able to do!

    ReplyDelete